Friday, March 2, 2012

From A Mom


A lovely note from the mother of PFC.Christopher Horns, posted with her permission.

Roslyn,
I received the quilt that was made for our son Christopher. It is just beautiful and perfectly constructed...thank you so much for your love and support for the families of the fallen. As I opened the box that contained the quilt and read the names in the blocks I felt the hugs and love from each person named there....of course I cried as I turned the quilt over to read the inscription on the back. Thank you so much I will cherish this quilt and proudly present it in our home on Chris' memorial wall.
I miss Chris more than ever and my heart still aches for him to return and hug me with his big strong arms...I have to remind myself that will not happen in the physical world. I did have a dream just the other night that he gave me a hug and said he was okay now....in the dream I remember carrying a bath towel and I cried it wet with tears.
Again thank you and I'm so proud that us families that have not chosen this path of heartache have someone like you to love us and show your kindness upon us.
Tammy Horns

No comments:

Post a Comment